Gunnerkrigg Court is a British science-fantasy mystery webcomic written and illustrated by Tom Siddell. The comic was launched on April 4th, 2005 and updates on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 3:00am EST in the United States, and at 12:00AM (GMT+1) in the United Kingdom.
Antimony Carver is a precocious and preternaturally self-possessed young girl starting her first year of school at gloomy Gunnerkrigg Court, a very British boarding school that has robots running around along side body-snatching demons, forest gods, and the odd mythical creature. The opening volume in the series follows Antimony through her orientation year: the people she meets, the strange things that happen, and the things she causes to happen as she and her new friend, Kat, unravel the mysteries of the Court and deal with the everyday adventures of growing up.
- Violence: Cartoon Blood
- Profanity: Mild Profanity
- Adult Themes: References to Child Abuse/Neglect, Emotional Abuse
Chapters 51-54 feature an emotionally abusive parent.
About the Creator(s)
Tom Siddell is a British comic artist.
Several volumes have been released.
- "Gunnerkrigg Court" - The "Harriet Potter" of Webcomics A review on Comic Book Resources
- Gunnerkrigg Court and Why You Need It A review of the comic on the Scifi Fantasy Network
- Strange Days & School Days: Should You Be Reading ‘Gunnerkrigg Court’? An article on comic alliance