FreakAngels is a post-apocalyptic webcomic created by writer Warren Ellis and illustrator Paul Duffield. Set in the flooded town of Whitechapel, England, FreakAngels follows the eponymous FreakAngels (a group of 12 superhumans) as they help save the world they destroyed. 
The comic was published by Avatar Press.
"Young, gifted and aimless, the Freakangels have built some kind of life for themselves in Whitechapel. A life that starts to show cracks when a girl called Alice from Manchester turns up with a shotgun and a grievance, having met the lost, prodigal last Freakangel, who had very different ideas about what they should do with themselves and this flooded future England."
- Violence: Torture, murder, gore.
- Profanity: Frequent.
- Adult Themes: Sex, rape, artistic nudity.
About the Creator
Paul Duffield is a British animator and illustrator whose works include the webcomics The Tempest and The Firelight Isle. Duffield has also done illustrative work for clients such as Marvel, Historic Royal Places, NASA, and Avatar Press .
Warren Ellis is an award-winning British graphic novel writer, public speaker and screenwriter whose works include the graphic novels RED and TRANSMETROPOLITAN. Ellis has also written for VICE, WIRED UK, and Reuters. 
Six volumes of the web comic have been released via comic stories and are also available via Comic Cavalcade.
FreakAngels has won various awards:
- Won "Favourite Web-Based Comic" Eagle Award in 2010.
- Nominated for "Best Comic/Graphic Novel" British Fantasy Award in 2010.
- Won "Favourite Web-Based Comic" Eagle Award in 2012.
- ↑ About page.
- ↑ https://www.paulduffield.co.uk/about
- ↑ http://www.warrenellis.com/?page_id=14415
- ↑ https://www.comcav.net/collections/freakangels/gn-or-collected-edition?page=1
- ↑ Archived copy. Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved on 2011-04-22.
- ↑ Armitage, Hugh (June 20, 2010). British Fantasy Award nominees announced. Digital Spy. Retrieved on June 27, 2010. [dead link]
- ↑ http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/your_2012_eagle_awards_winners/