Doctor Fun was a webcomic by David Farley that ran from September 24, 1993 to June 9, 2006. It is recognized as one of the first popular internet web comics, if not the first.
The comic is hosted by ibiblio.org.
Doctor Fun contained one-panel gags that seemed to have no underlying storyline. Instead, the web comic referenced science and pop culture in its puns and gags.
- Violence: Blood, dismemberment, generally used for comedic effect
- Profanity: Infrequent
- Adult Themes: Mentioned: Sex, adultery, urination
About the Creator
During the run of Doctor Fun, David Farley worked at the University Chicago Library.
Doctor Fun (ISBN-13 978-1929462841) was published by Plan Nine Publishing (a now-defunct web comic publishing firm) as a 128 page book on June 20, 2004. The book is unavailable, however the strips the book compiled still exist on the webcomic's site.
- ↑ Farley does not consider Doctor Fun to be the first internet webcomic; he gives that distinction to Where The Buffalo Roam (), however the author of Where The Buffalo Roam gives the title to "Dr. Fun" ()
- ↑ Farley, David. My Summer Vacation (Web). Retrieved on 2017-08-18.
- ↑ http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/oldfaq.html
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Fun-David-Farley/dp/1929462840/